Rome Marathon, March, 22nd 2009




Last post with pics of the Rome Marathon, with some places I love: A street of Trastevere (the other bank of the Tiber), the Borromini's white-corkscrew cupula of Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza (the legend says the form of the lantern is an homage to the Barberini family, whose coat of arms despicte bees, so the lantern could be the sting of a bee) The church, hexagonal, is small and white with concave and convexes interiors. A masterpiece of semplicity.
The artichokes and pumpkin is in the Jewish Ghetto, and the artichokes are a typical dish of the roman-jewish cuisine.
The tower is the one where the legend says the emperor Nero played the lyre while all Rome were in flames.

Comments

Lisa said…
Your country is so beautiful. Someday I must visit.
Juana said…
Thanks, Lisa! Yes it is, I been living here for over 30 years, since I married SignorM., and as a New World born person, I still look with awe at all those centuries of History every time I walk this beautiful city !
If you happen to pass by, give a whistle! I will show you things that tourists seldom see.

Popular Posts