Holidays

I love to read, and to re-read some books I love, so I took along some old loved ones: "The Treasure Island", it was, along with "Litlle Women", one of my favorites. "The Mother" ,its author, Pearl Buck, makes a great description of the peasant's life in China in the early 20th century; and most of all, in this story, the life and the courage of this woman without a name, simply called The Mother. "All things Wise and Wonderful", one of the trilogy of Mr Herriot, The Stranger, where Albert Camus, makes a bitter reflection about mankind, life and death. And my old battered Dictionary, to improve my English.
Ciro cat, instead, during holidays, prefers to walk on the roofs, where he feels he is a CAT!

Comments

JuanitaTortilla said…
He he he. Look at Ciro enjoying the sunset. What a life!

The Mother sounds like a good book. And sounds like you've had a relaxing Summer (apart from the cleaning).
Juana said…
Hi Juanita, yes, I recommend that book!

Popular Posts