Corner View "Favorite Fiction"

This is part of the shelf where I place my books in Spanish. At the left, there is "Moby Dick". In English. Along with "Treasure Island" and all the books of Louisa May Alcott were my favorites. I think that because of them, I wished to learn another lenguages and to travel. Anyway, Moby Dick is in my heart, I was fascinated by the tattooed Queequed; but mostly, because I "collect" opening lines and "Call me Ishmael" along with Garcia Marquez's  "Chronicle of a Death Foretold":  "The day they killed Santiago Nasar got up at 5.30, after attending the day before the wedding of Angela Vicario" I think are the best of my "collection".
 Anyway, apart my love for Moby Dick as a book... I can understand Captain Ahab: I've badly injured my ankle two days ago. Now I am walking around home as if I have an wooden leg!lol

Comments

nadine paduart said…
i haven't read any of the books you mention, 'xcept perhaps for one alcott... i understand your passion about her books though. i had (or have - may sit in a moving box somewhere) a vintage alcott, i loved it for its weathered feel, it matched the style...
n♥
tanĂ¯a said…
Another one I have to read soon! What a tremendous list of books I already have! I'm afraid there won't be enough time to read all of them in my life! ;o))
You bring back a good memory. I found Chronicle of a Death Foretold in the lobby of a little Salina (Aeolian Island) inn. I read it while we stayed there. I too like the line you noted. What a story.
Tzivia said…
Have you read "Ahab's Wife"? If you love Moby Dick I think you'll love this, too! (Hope your ankle heals up quick)
Francesca said…
I hope your ankle is ok by now! I love all Garcia Marquez, and Chronicle of a Death Foretold is among my favorites.
Theresa said…
Juanita!
I haven't been here in awhile. Nice to be back. Please come say hi and check out our surprise about Skylar.
;) said…
So true. Moby dick is a real invitation for adventure. And so are the books of Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I don't know Louisa May Alcott, but Im' sure I'll love her work.
jane said…
hope you are feeling better! you have a great collection.
p.s. hi!
xxx
Cassy said…
You have a good collection of books.
And you're a wide reader, i believe.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Popular Posts